Pages

Posted on: Sunday 9 June 2013

Mary Poppins, Practically Perfect in Every Way.

When someone has a party and chooses the theme 'Fancy Dress' I always want to crawl into a hole and stay there for the rest of my life because I am hopeless with coming up with good ideas to dress up as. But in my college course we have an 'End of year awards' where they give out serious and some hysterical awards out to all the media classes, and its a really fun night, but you have to come dressed up as someone from TV or Film. Crap.

I made myself make an effort because I didn't want to be the one with the crappiest costume or un-inspiring one so I made sure I planned ahead. And let me tell you it is difficult to think of someone to go as, but for some reason I glanced at my vintage Disney collection and noticed Mary Poppins...and so the light bulb moment triggered. 

So in the end I was pretty impressed with my costume (and it wasn't that expensive, thank god) so here it is!
Amazingly the weather was lush in the UK for once which sucked because this outfit was warm to say the least, I would just like to say that my parrot umbrella was a hit, and I'm tempted to keep him on the end of the umbrella, cute little fella.

 This is my best chum Jayley who went as Stephanie from 'Lazytown' how awesome did we look walking down the street to college dressed like that? Yeah, we got some looks.

A bit more of a close up of that awesome hat whilst with my friend who went for a 'Pocahontas/Indian' character.
And the rest of the gang....excuse my face.

So the whole night went really well and it was a huge laugh, its weird to think that in less than a week I'm done with college until September, but this week I have to finish a documentary, 2 assignments and a massive portfolio to go along with it.
Pray for me.
Anyone got some good costume stories? Let me know in the comments!
Sian 
x

No comments:

Post a Comment


 photo copyright.jpg